Friday, March 28, 2014

Time flies when you're having fun....

Wow.  I just realized today that it's been a very long time since I've updated this blog.  I'm not really sure why that is because a lot has happened.  The last time I wrote, I was at a weight loss of 70 lbs and was so thrilled that I was able to fit into a size 14.

Now...I have lost a total of 130lbs in a little over two years and I wear a size 6.  I NEVER thought I would ever see a size 6.  In fact, it still seems weird to me even though I've been this size for about a year now.

In January, I marked the 2 year "Surgiversary" and I've definitely noticed that maintaining the weight takes a little more diligence and effort than it did previously.  I've discovered that if I weigh myself every morning and keep conscious track of my calorie intake, I can keep a better handle on things.

The only regret I have is how the decision to have this surgery has affected certain relationships in my life.  More detail on this to come at a later time, but suffice to say that I have lost people who have left a huge hole in my heart. 

They say the two year mark is when the "honeymoon's over".  So far, I'm still honeymooning.

I don't plan to ever fall out of love with the new me.

Maybe it will be cathartic for me to write here again.  Until next time.  Soon.  Really.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment