Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm a size WHAT??

THE SHOES!!!  You want to sleep with them too!  ADMIT IT!!
The dress I ended up buying.
I woke up this morning thinking yesterday must surely have been a dream.  It was an exciting day for our family as my Sister, Tara had her first fitting for her wedding dress.  This will be Tara's first wedding and we have all waited a long time for this day.  She is engaged to a wonderful man who treats her and my Niece, Leeann like gold and we couldn't be more thrilled for all of them.  Tara has decided against having a traditional wedding party so I wasn't planning to try on any dresses as I am not in the wedding.  All of us went to the Bridal store to see Tara in her gorgeous gown.  My Mom, my Sister In Law, Yanci, Leeann, Morgan and I.  When Tara was finished we started looking around for a dress for Leeann when I came across a dress that I liked.  The sample dress was a size 14.  I thought I was probably a size 16 but I was wearing size 18 jeans that were admittedly too big even thought I bought them only a few weeks ago.  I figured I would try on the 14, and it wouldn't zip up but we could kind of get an idea.  Morgan helped me into the dress and I kept saying, "Don't force the zipper!  It will rip!"  So, she didn't.  She just zipped it half way up and I walked out and looked in the mirror.  Then, the salesgirl came over to ask how we were doing.  I said I liked the dress but it was hard to tell because it wasn't my size.  She walked behind me and zipped it right up and said, "You're definitely a 14!"  I still wasn't convinced.  I said, "No, I think this dress must just run big."  Next thing I knew, she was grabbing me another dress in a size 14 and a bra, shoes, and jewelry.  A couple minutes later she was twisting my hair into an up do and to my absolute shock and amazement the second dress also fit.  WHAT KIND OF MAGIC TRICKERY WAS THIS?!?!?!?   I am a size 14?!?!?  I skipped right over size 16 and I am a size 14!!  There are still 5 months until the wedding so I ordered the dress in a size 12 and was told they can alter it down another 2 sizes if need be.  That would make me a size EIGHT.  I cannot even fathom that.  If someone tells me I am a size 8, I might hump them right in the middle of the store.  I bought the dress, the shoes and the bra and it came to about $200 for everything, which wasn't bad.

Confession:  I probably would have bought it no matter what the price was because I felt like it made me look skinny and my Mom's jaw was literally on the floor when she saw me.  My Niece kept looking at me dumbfounded and saying, "Auntie Deana...you seem so SMALL AND TINY!"  Note to self:  Keep that kid around!!!!  I really loved the first dress but the bra options weren't great with it.  My friend, Alison commented on my Facebook that God's gift to me through all this was allowing me to keep "the girls" despite the weight loss.  I don't know how much of a gift that is.  I am STILL a "D" cup and I would really like to be a full "C".  The second dress looked great with the strapless bra and I am IN LOVE with my shoes.  Like, I want to sleep with them.  (Not like THAT, sicko!)  They are so gorgeous, I feel like a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills when I wear them.  (But not Kim because she is crazycakes, and not Taylor because her HUGE lips bug the shit out of me.  Maybe Lisa or Adrienne.  Or Kyle, because she has a hot husband...but I digress)  Being able to wear sexy shoes is so thrilling for me because I could hardly even buy shoes before.  I felt like every shoe I put on made my feet look like sausages.  It was horrendous.  Now...I can buy any shoes and it's the MOST exciting thing ever.  My wallet may not find this news to be so exciting, however.

Okay, so here are some pics!  COMMENT, would ya?

For reference, the day I left for surgery THREE MONTHS AGO
The first dress !!!  63lbs down



2 comments:

  1. You look....... AMAZING! Good for you! Congrats on your journey! Can't wait to see you in that 8, please don't hump me!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD you look fabulous!!! Look at you! Wanna know a secret? I had a bypass done on Saturday!! I didn't even really have time to think about it much. I'd been having trouble with my band...my esophagus was starting to erode and other troubles...and my insurance denied it then reversed their decision and 2 days later...presto. Your blog encouraged me to just go ahead and do it!! I'm post op day 4 today and still clear liquids only. Still have drains in and everything and I'm still in shock that it all happened so fast!! You are my hero!!

    ReplyDelete