Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Onederland

Well, I'd like to say I am blogging to you from my yacht in the South of France, but alas, I did not win the Mega-Millions.  I heard on the news that my odds were better to be attacked and murdered by a vending machine!!  I am not certain how I feel about that.  It's been 3 months today since my surgery and I can't believe how good it feels to see a number "1" as the first number on the scale.  I feel like it took me forever to get here but in reality it hasn't taken long at all.  The best feeling is that I am half way to my goal weight!!  Sometimes I feel like the little engine that could, just chugging along.

I've heard most people advise not to weigh yourself every day, but I do.  Every.single.day.  I get out of bed, pee, take off my jewelry, hair ties, and anything else that might weigh a fraction of an ounce and step on.  There have definitely been days that the scale hasn't moved, but I don't let that frustrate me.  I know it will.  I just like to know when it does. 

I was warned by my surgeon and others that I would experience some hair loss in about month 4, but it has started already and I recently started taking a Biotin supplement that is supposed to help.  The jury is still out.  On a positive tip, my BMI was 49 at my heaviest weight in October and today it is 36.5.  I'm shooting for under 25.

I did a Zumba class on Saturday morning.  The last time I tried Zumba I was 60lbs heavier and please let the record show that I did not have to call 911 as I thought I might have to do last time.  It was fun, but I really don't think they are going to be calling me to do "Dancing with the Stars" anytime soon.  My hips don't lie, people.

Total weight loss to date:  60.4 lbs.   Booyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment