Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week 6: FORTY-SIX pounds gone forever.

Sweet Melissa asked for a blog and so a blog she shall get.  I have actually had all good intentions to write several times this week but it seems something has been going on almost every night and by the time I sit down to write, I just don't have the energy.  But here I am now, and it made me feel very good that someone actually enjoys reading this stuff enough to ask me to post something, so thank you, Melissa!  :)

Where to begin?  Well, as my title says, I have lost a total of 46 lbs.  That bears repeating.  FORTY-SIX pounds.  Crazy.  It's hard for me to wrap my brain around that.  I had to go shopping for a new bra a week or so ago.  That was an adventure, to say the least.  I went to Macy's and asked if they measure because I wasn't really sure what size I am now.  I just knew that my current bra was getting way too big for me.  Now, I have had big boobs my entire life.  I was a 36C in 4th grade!  Even when I was thin, I've always been, shall we say, extremely well endowed.  Even so...I almost fainted when the sales woman announced that I was a size 40G!!  Yes, you read that right.  "G" as in "GOODGOLLYMISSMOLLY!!!"  She might as well have told me I was a 40W as in "WHATYOUTALKINBOUTWILLIS???"  Anyway....the sales girl was an idiot. I tried on a 40G and it was ridiculous.  NOT MY SIZE AT ALL.  I am a 42DD.  I've always said DD is more than just my initials.  :)  I'm actually looking forward to being a C cup again someday.  There are so many cute clothes that just don't look right when you have DD's.  Just sayin'.

It is actually fun to get dressed in the morning now.  I have a few things in my closet that I haven't worn for several years because they were way too tight in the waist or the boobs and now they are actually too big.  I have lost 3 sizes and soon I will have to go shopping but I've been trying to put it off as long as possible.  Those of you on Facebook know I changed my hair color, started doing my nails again and tonight I even had my teeth whitened.  It's been nice to take care of my appearance again.  It makes me sad to think I had come to a point with my weight that I just felt like no matter what I did, nothing helped.  Now, I enjoy taking care of myself.  I never want to get to a point where I feel that helpless again.

Here are some before/after face pics:

Taken in August with my two BFF's from High School

Taken in May in Cancun

Taken 12-31-11  A couple days before my surgery.

Taken today after my teeth whitening appt
Hey ya'll, I have only ONE chin!!  Pretty cool, no?

The food stuff is still challenging at times, but I try not to overthink it.  As long as I eat protein with every meal and eat what I can, then I consider it a success.  My next appointment with the surgeon is next Thursday and we will see what he says then.  For now, I feel good....and I am SOOO close to ONEDERLAND, I can taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment