Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 7.5: This is what happiness feels like

Just got home from a great weekend. Went to a nice resort recommended by my Sister, who has stayed there a couple times.   I expected the weather to be cool according to the forecast, but I was delighted when I arrived about 2pm and it was 75 degrees!  Unfortunately, I didn't really pack accordingly.  I was wearing jeans and Ugg boots!  I thought about buying something but I was certain I wouldn't be able to find anything to fit me.  To my surprise, I was wrong.  I was able to get a cute little (?!?) sundress and it FIT!  And....wait for it because this is important....it was NOT a plus size!    Oh happy day!!!!

I was pretty proud of myself for being able to navigate thru the food choices I was faced with this weekend.   I had one small bite of a chocolate covered strawberry.  I also had about a 1/4 glass of wine.  For lunch, I had one tiny piece of  fish, (without the breading) and instead of fries, I ordered edamame. (protein, protein, protein).  I went to a wonderful restaurant last night in the hotel and ordered crostini (I had one small piece w/roasted garlic, goat cheese, olive tapenade and artichoke hearts)   I will post a pic below of me before I ate it.  It's funny to see me with such a huge plate of food in front of me.  I didn't even eat 1/4 of that.   I had about 4-5 bites of that.  At least I am a cheap date now.   The food was delicious and I tolerated everything really well.  I didn't overeat or feel miserable and that was my biggest concern.  Beautiful night.  Perfect weather.

This morning I slept in, had breakfast in bed (a fruit/yogurt plate) and watched "The Decendents".  Later, I walked on the beach before heading home.

The best news of all....as of today, I have lost 50.4 lbs.     



No comments:

Post a Comment