Sunday, March 4, 2012

2 month update: Jan 3- March 3. Holding steady

Terry reminded me last night that it was exactly 2 months ago that I had my surgery.  It seems like a lifetime ago. Since I hit the 50lb lost milestone last week I seem to have hit a plateau and haven't lost anything more.  I have an appointment tomorrow night at 5pm with a Personal Trainer at the gym and I am hoping that will jump start things again.

Last night I went to see a favorite band of mine.  I was able to dance the whole night without feeling tired or overly hot, or having my feet and ankles hurt.  That was nice for a change.  It's an absolutely gorgeous day today so I think I am going to get outside and enjoy it instead of being the lazy bum I would really love to be today.  It's been awhile since I got home at 2am and I'm kind of fighting off a sore throat so I wouldn't mind being a complete slacker today, but I don't want to waste the sunshine.

Yesterday I did a Costco run and I bought a few things that were high in protein that I can enjoy.  I really have to get more serious about getting 60g of protein in per day.  I eat protein with every meal but I must admit that I've been lazy about counting the grams and I don't think I've been getting 60.  I did buy some greek yogurt frozen bars that have 10 grams of protein and are low in sugar.  I also bought some breakfast bars that are 15 g of protein and only 3g of sugar.  They are peanut butter/chocolate, but I'm not that crazy about them.  They kind of have a weird aftertaste, but I guess I am just going to have to deal.  It's so weird to me still how nothing food-wise really rings my bell anymore.  I did have some chile lime skirt steak the other night.  I had the tiniest piece but it tasted fantastic.  I guess I got so excited that I either ate it too fast or took too big of bites and of course, it got stuck.  I spent about 30 minutes in total misery.  The pain and the panic when something gets stuck is not something I would wish on anyone.  It's awful.  I tried everything.  I finally had to throw up as much as I could and wait for the rest to go down.  It's really my own fault.  I know better. Another lesson learned the hard way.

A special shout out to all of you who continue to show support and encouragement as I navigate my way through this new lifestyle.  I am 9 lbs away from my next goal.  Onward and Upward....

No comments:

Post a Comment