Sunday, March 11, 2012

Adding Excercise...

If you know me at all, you know I am not a fan of "excercise".  Generally, I only run if I am being chased and even then it's more like a fast skip-hop.  I joined the gym in October and in the beginning I tried to go fairly regularly but at that point, I still had what amounted to a 54lb of concrete still on my back, (and hips, thighs, legs, an abdomen) so working out was not as easy as one might think.  I mainly stuck to aqua aerobics and I actually enjoyed it until the weather got too cold.  Then, my surgery happened and I was so focused on trying to get the food part down, I didn't get serious about the working out portion until recently.

When I first signed up at the gym they gave me two complimentary personal training appointments.  I liked the trainer fine and he showed me how to use all the equipment and then basically I was on my own.  I didn't see the value in Personal Training at that time since it is quite expensive and it seemed like something I could do on my own.

I had been planning to start getting serious about the gym once Daylight Savings started.  About 10 days ago I got a phone call from a trainer named Sean.  He said he hadn't seen me at the gym for awhile and would I like to come in for two more complimentary training sessions.  I decided to stop making excuses and do it.  I am so glad I did.  Since that time, I have had three sessions and I have another scheduled for tomorrow night.  I absolutely love it!  <---  Someone better check my temperature because I would rather hang upside down by my toenails than ever actually look forward to working out!  Sean is fantastic.  He knows how to push me in just the right way.  I went today at Noon and it was the best workout yet.  We go for a solid hour and it is difficult for me but I feel like I really accomplished something when I am done.  If I can do this, anyone can!  I definitely see the value in Personal Training now.  It's very expensive but I am going to try to see if I can get Terry to join me for some Buddy Training.  We both get an hour that is specifically designed for our individual fitness levels and we get $30 each off per session.  If not, I am going to have to sell a LOT of freaking insurance to pay for this, but I am looking at it like I can't afford NOT to do it.  You know?  I am not drinking a $4.00 latte and eating a $3.00 bagel every day anymore.  I am not eating out to lunch very often.  I owe this to me.

I have lost 54lbs now.  I am 6.4 lbs away from my next goal.  I am 66lbs away from my ultimate goal.  My BMI is down more than 10 points and I am feeling good.  Now, who wants to take a water zumba class with me on Thursday nights?

1 comment:

  1. You CAN get addicted to exercise! It can be so hard to get "in" to so I'm glad you have such a great trainer. You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete