Friday, March 16, 2012

Weigh to go....(before and after pics)

Last night I wrote a highly entertaining (if I do say so myself) and lengthy blog post, complete with loads of before/after pics and as luck would have it, my computer decided to freeze and shut down in the middle of it all.  Bother.  So, I am going to give this another try:

First, some news:  I let the lovely Melissa cut bangs for me.  I was resistant to bangs for the longest time because I think they make me look like I'm in 3rd grade.  After surgery, I started noticing that the skin on my face, which has always been, for lack of a better word, "plump", was suddenly quite loose.  Some mornings I would look in the mirror and think "Sweet Mother of Pearl! Where did those LINES come from??"  Especially in my forehead!!  Exhibit A:

See the wrinkles?  ACK!  I mean, c'mon!  I know I am on the eve of the "Silver Anniversary of my 21st Birthday" but this is ridiculous!  Until I work up the nerve to get some botox, wrinkles are the question and BANGS ARE THE ANSWER!!! 

In other news, I have not worn my original wedding ring for about 10 years for a multitude of reasons.  Yesterday, at work we were discussing wedding rings, so I dug mine out and was completely shocked to see that it fit.  It hasn't fit in years!  Not only that...it's actually loose.  Exhibit B:  (notice the bangs!)


I am FIVE lbs away from ONEderland.  I really want to reach this goal by next Thursday, since it's my next checkup with my Doc.  I plan to step up the workouts this week and I think I can get there.  I leave you with a VERY embarrassing and scary BEFORE pic (this is big for me to even post this now...because I am absolutely mortified that I ever allowed myself to look like this)   Exhibit C & D:


And, here is the most recent full length pic of me taken this week.  55lbs down.  When I look at the difference in pics, I can't even believe I am that same person.  What an amazing ride this is.  I am so grateful that I have been given this opportunity.  Exhibit E:

No comments:

Post a Comment