Monday, March 26, 2012

Smoke and Mirrors

So much to say and not much time to say it.  The past few days have been a whirlwind.  Thursday I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon.  My weight was down 8lbs from the last visit last month.  He was pleased with my overall progress and my total weight loss of close to 60lbs.  I don't have to go back now until June.    On the way back from the appointment, my Mom and I decided to stop at the mall and she probably felt sorry for me in my "clown pants" so she bought me a couple pair of jeans, several shirts and a workout outfit.  I don't know why I've been putting off buying clothes.  I guess one reason is because I didn't want to spend $60 on a pair of pants I was only going to be able to wear for a month.  Luckily, we went to Forever 21 and their prices are SO reasonable.  I will definitely be doing a lot of shopping there until I get to my maintenence weight.  My jeans are super cute and they were only $13.00!  Crazy.

My Mom was cute though because she kept bringing me things to try on that were DEFINITELY not my size.  I kept saying, "Mom, I don't take that size!" and she would say, "I think it will fit.  Just try it on.  You look so TINY now!"  Smoke and mirrors, Mom.  Smoke and mirrors.  I've gotta admit though, it's pretty cool (and very foreign) to be referred to by anyone as "tiny"!!  I do realize that this particular compliment came from my Mom, and let's face it, I am no where near tiny...but still!

Thursday night was, for lack of a better term, a cluster-fuck.  I only got about 2-3 hours of sleep for reasons not necessary to go into here, but suffice to say that I looked (and felt) like I had been run over by a semi when I came to work on Friday.  My Boss was out of town so I needed to literally "look alive" and get things done.  Thankfully, the day was productive and I was able to get through it.  We had dinner plans with close friends that evening and I wasn't about to reschedule as we had planned it over a month ago, but I was looking very forward to calling it an early night and hitting my tempurpedic pillow.  Alas, best laid plans sometimes go awry and who was I to argue when my BFF called with free box seats to the Lady Antebellum/Darius Rucker show that night in San Jose.  We had an early dinner with our friends, then Terry picked me up about 7:45 and we drove to San Jose where we enjoyed premium parking and our own luxury penthouse suite.  The concert was good and when my head finally hit the pillow at about 1:00am, I thought I had died and gone to heaven....until 8:30am came in what seemed like a milisecond and I was up again to meet Terry at the gym.  We worked out for about an hour, I came home to shower and was back out the door to head to Morgan Hill to celebrate my Niece's eleventh Birthday.  My Sister made an amazing lunch/dinner.  Parmesan chicken, pesto ravioli, salad, garlic bread, cupcakes (!)  I ate a tiny bit of everything and a super tiny bite of a cupcake.  So far I don't seem to have a problem with sugar if I only eat one bite of whatever it is.  Like one M & M, for example.  Who eats ONE M & M?!?!  ME, that's who!  And let me tell you, when you don't eat sugar anymore one M & M is quite the delicacy! 

After we left my Sister's, I was home for about 2.2 seconds before I was off again to pick up Terry and head to the Crows Nest to celebrate the Birthday of the lovely Leilani.  Our friends, the Billy Martini Band were performing that night and it's always a good time.  I saw a lot of people who I haven't seen in awhile.  It's always nice when people notice the weight loss and I really appreciated the compliments.  I was feeling good that night (in clothes that actually fit..bonus!)  Needless to say it was another late night.  It's difficult when I am at a bar or in a party atmosphere to stick to drinking water only.  I'm not a big alcohol drinker, but sometimes I just kind of want to have something else besides water.  Even juice, but I didn't dare because of the sugar content.  I can't have anything carbonated, so diet soda, or even pellegrino is out.  I got over it, but it is one thing I miss.  I slept like a baby Saturday night and didn't wake up once until about 9:30 Sunday morning. 

Yesterday, I learned some upsetting news about a friend of mine that I met at my Support Group a few months ago.  He is having some health issues and Jason, if you're reading I just want you to know that I am saying a prayer for you to have a good outcome and back to 100% soon. 

I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!  Oh, and I am STILL 2.8 pounds away from ONEderland.  C'mon scale...cut me a break, would ya??

No comments:

Post a Comment