Saturday, January 28, 2012

40 pounds gone...

Feeling better today.  We went out to chinese food last night.  I was able to eat a few sips of won ton soup, about a teaspoon of rice, a half a prawn and one little piece of chicken.  I felt like I ate 22 lbs of food afterward but I did not feel nauseous after.  Progress!

What a gorgeous Spring-like day it was today.  The air smelled good.  The windows were open and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

I am down now a total of 40lbs.  I went for a walk with my Parents this afternoon and my mom kept commenting how she couldn't believe how much more stamina I had.   Yeah, try strapping a 40lb bag of concrete on your back and then see how far you can walk without it hurting.  I can't wait to get another 40 off to see even how much better I will feel then. 

Tim and I attended a Memorial Service today for a friend and former employer of mine from many years ago.  When getting dressed, I was having a hard time because all my pants are huge.  Even though I can still technically wear them, I feel like they make me look bigger than I am because they are so baggy in the legs and the butt.  It's strange to want to wear something more form fitting.  Before I was allllll about trying to camouflage everything.  It was nice to see a few people at the services that I don't get to see very often.  I wish it had been under a different circumstance though.  Many people mentioned that they had been following along and reading the blog and that made me feel good.  It's so nice to have this community of people cheering for me and wanting to see me succeed.  It is very motivating.

The Memorial I attended today is the second Memorial service this month.  Both of the people who have passed were only in their 40's, with so much to live for and so much life ahead of them.  Moments really are precious and time passes much too quickly.  It sounds cliche but it really is true that if we don't have our health we have nothing.  I look at my kids, my Parents, my Siblings, my Husband, my closest friend and myself.  I realize how very blessed we are.  I realize that though this process has been quite difficult and frustrating at times, this is all something that will pass.  I am not ill.  In fact, I have most likely prolonged my life by quite a few years.  I need to remember that the next time I want to complain.  

It probably won't stop me of course, but I really will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment